Here are some key business development skills areas that may need improvement in your professional services firm.
Rate yourself on each, and work out what most needs to improve:
- understanding the business development process
- understanding how clients make decisions
- presenting your firm’s credentials
- positioning and differentiating yourself and your firm
- prioritising your personal marketing efforts
- winning in the face of direct competition
- eliminating time-wasters
- promoting and colleagues’ capabilities
- asking for commitment to proceed.
If you’re not up to scratch on any or all of these, it’s strongly in your interests to improve.
Possible sources of help and support include:
- your marketing manager
- colleagues who are outstanding in these areas
- your sales coach
- consultants who have the right credentials and a track record of success.
If you need help with improving your business development skills, please get in touch.
Never miss a post
Stay up-to-date with business development insights and tips from our blog.
How are Fortune 500 companies dealing with the coronavirus pandemic? Although there is still a great deal of economic ‘crystal balling’ going on at present, some fascinating research has just been released by FORTUNE following a survey of FORTUNE 500 CEOs. Some of the more interesting and telling findings include: 52% of CEOs are […]