In the current market, you need more than technical skills and experience for lasting success – fee-earners working in professional services must also be credible, persuasive and effective business developers.
Our intensive coaching sessions, masterclasses and classic workshops teach critical BD skills and techniques. Learn to consistently convert great opportunities into new clients and files.
Tailor services to suit your specific needs and budget, or select from our most popular workshop topics (below).
Many of our workshops may be eligible for CPD points (legal and accounting). Contact us to find out more.
Classic business development workshops
These workshops cover foundational BD concepts, and give you practical tips and techniques that you can immediately put into practice and see improvements.
Download details of our most popular workshop topics:
- 7 ‘silver bullets’ for professional services marketing
- Selling for non-sales people
- How to attract more referrals
- Closing the deal masterclass
- Successful cross-selling for professional services
- Maximising networking and social events
- Perils of professional services websites
- Take advantage of social media
Follow-up coaching and tutorials can help you achieve real and sustainable results following a workshop.
Delivery: Workshops vary in duration from 1-hour sessions up to a full day (depending on the topic).
Bespoke business development masterclasses
Do you have a particular BD challenge? JMA will design and deliver bespoke masterclasses to meet your objectives (and your budget).
Masterclasses are extremely effective for introducing BD and client relationship management techniques, addressing critical concerns and issues, and inspiring your team with fresh ideas and practical tools they can use straight away.
Follow-up coaching and tutorials will help you achieve real momentum and sustainable results following a masterclass.
Delivery: half or full day sessions – either one-off or as part of a wider learning and development program.
Business development coaching for individuals and small groups
Our BD coaches work with individual senior professionals (established or new partners and pre-partners) or small groups to substantially improve their ability to nurture valuable clients and win new business.
Take advantage of our frank and effective coaching relationships to:
- help you identify and understand where there is room for improvement, and make positive changes
- act as a valuable sounding board for you to share uncertainties, fears, and concerns
- keep yourself accountable for BD activities
- deliver insightful feedback, guidance and support
- identify options and offer a different perspective on your challenges and goals.
BD coaching can also positively effect the wider firm through better results and higher profits.
To improve your BD skills and see results, please get in touch.
Never miss a post
Stay up-to-date with business development insights and tips from our blog.
JMA has prepared a guide to the top 14 professional services tender, bid and proposal trends we have observed emerging in the last couple of years. Some trends are positive, others more challenging and for the most part, for better or worse, these 14 tender, bid & proposal trends are now firmly here to stay. […]