Senior Bid & Business Development Consultant
Michael is a business development and communications professional with significant experience working in the professional services sector.
A core expertise of Michael’s is tender, bid and proposal management and persuasive writing. His specialist bid management experience includes pitches for major infrastructure projects, Federal and State Government panels and countless private and public sector tenders.
When he’s not managing, writing and producing winning pitches for business Michael supports JMA clients with strategic and tactical marketing and business development initiatives with positive impact.
This includes mentoring and coaching senior professionals in best practice business development behaviours.
Michael has held a variety marketing, business development and communication roles in professional services firms including: as Marketing Manager of a Boutique Melbourne law firm, External Communications Manager for a Big Four accounting firm and as a Marketing Manager in a top tier Australian law firm.
Prior to working in marketing communications Michael was a financial journalist for global newswire agencies Reuters and Dow Jones.
Michael has a Master of Finance from the University of Technology, Sydney and a Bachelor of Business (Marketing), University of South Australia.
He is also the Director of BioAutism a not for profit organisation that fundraises for autism research.
- Tenders, bids and proposals – managing opportunities or pursuits to secure high value work through all stages from pre-tender through to production and debriefs
- Key client relationship management, including developing and implementing client feedback programs and key client management
- Coaching and training professionals in better business development skills
- Training teams in best bid practices
- Marketing needs analysis and planning
- Bid and marketing processes and systems development including developing boilerplate and experience databases
- Issues and reputation management
- Thought leadership and content marketing planning, production, execution
- External communications including public relations and media training
- Corporate identity and brand management
- Workshop facilitation.