Our greatest successes are those we achieve with our clients
Since 1993, JMA has helped over 1,000 professional services firms and other expert service providers win work through competitive tenders, bids and proposals.
Who JMA clients win work with
What do JMA clients win?
In the last two years*, JMA has secured for clients revenue streams of $89M for the first year of their appointments. And that’s just the first 12 months – most preferred provider contracts run for a minimum of two years, and many appointments roll over and become five or six-year appointments resulting in revenue streams worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
Highlights of JMA clients’ results
All of our engagements are strictly confidential (plus we prefer to remain behind the scenes as our clients’ secret bidding weapon), but we can share a little about some of our greatest successes and client wins from the last four years:
Law firm –
winning a new spot on a reduced panel stacked with incumbents
A JMA client had played a long game by establishing an excellent ‘keep in touch strategy’ with a prospective insurance client. The positive attention earned in the two years prior to the RFP release meant this firm made it on to an ‘invitation only’ list. With JMA’s support to strategise, construct and deliver the bid along with shortlisting coaching the firm unseated two incumbents and won a significant new client. The team looks set to achieve $1M in fees in the first 12 months of a three year appointment.
The partner leading the bid said:
“Thank you for your considerable assistance. I could not have achieved this without you. This is a huge milestone for me and I am positively ecstatic.”
Intellectual Property – winning 1 of only 4 appointments in Australia
- With JMA’s support an intellectual property firm become one of only 4 national providers to the Commonwealth. They retained their position on a panel that originally had 20 providers. The win saw them take revenue from $60K per year to $5M per year. The Managing Principal of the firm said:
“One of the most rigorous and demanding tender processes that we have been involved with to date, for one of the largest and most prestigious IP entities in the country, against the very best the market has to offer, so it is particularly pleasing to come through with a win. The procurement manager made a particular point of emphasising how impressed they were with our submission.”
Regional boutique law firm –
retaining sole provider status, without eroding profitability
- Helping a regional law firm retain their exclusive sole provider status with their largest local government client in an open public tender, competing against multiple local and next entrant competitors. Demonstrating true value to their local government client, meant the client did not erode their profitability by competing on price.
Environmental engineering firm –
securing revenue streams
- Securing a formal appointment for a regionally based environmental engineering firm to two service streams of a state government water authority panel. Prior to bidding, the firm had only been a subcontractor rather than head contractor. Their Business Development Manager said:
“The work done on these two contracts should secure our long term future
as well giving us a great base for other tenders for new clients”.
Multi-disciplinary law firm –
State Government revenues up
- Assisting a law firm win an appointment as one of only five service providers to a state government health panel, taking the client’s overall state government revenue from $500K to $3M annually.
Boutique rehabilitation services provider
– securing a 7 year appointment with Commonwealth Government
- Pre-positioning and preparing a rehabilitation services client to win a panel appointment in the hotly contested Commonwealth Government Occupational Rehabilitation and associated Medical Services selection proccess (where over 100 applications were received). The Managing Director said:
“JMA is well worth the investment – especially getting them involved before the tender came out, which meant that they already understood my business and what I wanted to achieve. Thanks to their assistance, I won a seven year appointment to government.
This will totally transform my business.”
Investigations firm – pitching an Australian first for the insurance industry
- Helping an investigations company pitch the pilot of a new vendor management model to a leading Australian insurer, and start a complementary business that will be rolled out to other insurers.
Software vendor – successfully making the case for David against larger global Goliaths
- Helping an Australian software as a service (SaaS) provider secure implementation and licencing contracts with major banks and insurers, beating off much larger global IT vendors.
– adopting an offensive strategy against disruptors
- Shoring up the $10M annual revenue of a services provider to a large international insurer, beating off new disruptors offering a cheap (but inferior) version of the service.
Global security firm
– complex banking bid
- Strategising and managing a complex bid response for an incumbent global security and logistics company during a contract renewal with a big 4 Australian bank.
National specialist law firm
– alternative tender success
- Achieving via an alternative tender a sole national appointment for a specialist law firm for a lucrative ongoing stream of dispute resolution work with a Commonwealth Government Business Enterprise.
*August 2014 to January 2018.
Never miss a post
Stay up-to-date with business development insights and tips from our blog.
Over the years we’ve read hundreds of requests for tenders and proposals seeking services from professional services firms. Often RFT/Ps can seem cobbled together bastardised versions of older requests that have been edited by committee and end up asking silly, repetitive or irrelevant questions. Most of the time nothing sinister is going on, it is […]